An innovative mechanism of action
With specific dual-action binding, EYLEA® blocks all known VEGF-A isoforms and PGF1,2
a VEGF suppression with EYLEA was assessed in a study in 27 nAMD patients.
nAMD, neovascular age-related macular degeneration; PGF, placental growth factor; VEGF, vascular endothelial growth factor.
- EYLEA® (aflibercept solution for injection) Summary of Product Characteristics. Berlin, Germany: Bayer Pharma AG; July 2018.
- Papadopoulos N, Martin J, Ruan Q, et al. Binding and neutralization of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and related ligands by VEGF Trap, ranibizumab and bevacizumab. Angiogenesis. 2012;15(2):171-185.
- Fauser S, Schwabecker V, Muether PS. Suppression of intraocular vascular endothelial growth factor during aflibercept treatment of age-related macular degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2014;158(3):532-536.
- Stewart MW. Aflibercept (VEGF Trap-eye): the newest anti-VEGF drug. Br J Ophthalmol. 2012;96(9):1157-1158.
- Muether PS, Hermann MM, Dröge K, et al. Long-term stability of vascular endothelial growth factor suppression time under ranibizumab treatment in age-related macular degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2013;156:989-993.